Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Favorite Readings #2: Drugs and Sex

Today marked my last Friday as a jobless person and I can’t say I’m sorry. No matter how underpaid or mediocre my job as a “dining room server” at a Chicago luxurious retirement home may be, it’s still better that sitting all day long around the house, pretending that I’m a 40s housewife minus the up-do.  
No person in his right mind would actually crave the work-related stress. I do. What else I miss about having a job? The one-to-one interaction, although my husband tells me I better be prepared to have a mild case of brain melt for the first few days. The way he describes it “even if you perfectly understand English, after an hour or so, your brain gets flooded with English words and just shuts off”. Awesome! But enough with my ramblings. Let’s move on what really matters.     
Photo Source
  1. How Sugar Daddies Are Financing College Education -The financial burden that comes with a college degree was brought to a whole new level. It’s ludicrous, but try reading it with non-judgmental eyes.
  2. Paralyzed Woman Now Helping Injured Patients At Same Place She Received Treatment - This girls should go in a world-wide tour to promote her story, that’s how inspiring she is. She transformed her disability from a major drawback into a huge advantage
  3. When you go to the wrong airport - Dana Moran, a RedEye Chicago author, shares a “Mission Impossible” style story that will have you smiling from start to finish
  4. Off the Drugs, Onto the Cupcakes - As if battling with a drug addiction wouldn’t be enough for one life, some of the people who received professional help left their treatment facilities with a full blown sugar habit. 
  5. Barred From Facebook, and Wondering Why - I’m pretty sure some teenagers would kill themselves if they couldn’t access their Facebook accounts for a week. Beware, social media geeks, tomorrow it can happen to you!


No comments: